Sunday, March 18, 2012— “In the Spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of motorcycles.” (Alfred, Lord Harley-Davidson)
Despite an unusually mild winter (the fourth warmest on record, according to the U.S. National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration), I didn’t ride any more than I do in much colder years.
But with spring weather arriving nearly a month earlier than usual, the urge to get out and ride is blossoming along with everything else.
The only question is: where?
Sunday morning’s answer was a visit to the Memphis Pyramid Arena (to snap a few pictures of the statue of Ramesses II before it’s moved to the University of Memphis) followed by a trip down US 51 yo visit several stops on the Mississipi Blues Trail.
Pictures and details on each stop on my 125-mile ride are at Postings:
- Ramesses at the Memphis Pyramid Arena
- [Mississippi Blues Trail] Big Walter Horton (Horn Lake, MS)
- [Mississippi Blues Trail] Beale Town Bound (Hernando, MS)
- [Mississippi Blues Trail] Jessie Mae Hemphill (Senatobia, MS)
- [Mississippi Blues Trail] “Mississippi” Fred McDowell (Como, MS)
- [Mississippi Blues Trail] Otha Turner (Como, MS)
- [Mississippi Blues Trail] “Mississippi” Joe Callicott (Nesbit, MS)